Sunday, August 23, 2009

And so our blog begins....

I'm not sure why I'm starting a blog...I don't have the time, energy or organization to balance what I have going on already! But I'm feeling the need to start one.

My life is in chaos. For extremely good reasons, but still in chaos. And I'm starting to feel stressed. Okay, I've always felt stressed; but it's finally starting to interfere with my happiness. I have a wonderful life, two amazing children, a good job, a cute little home (and I mean little!) and good health. But I can honestly say that I'm not enjoying any of it as much as I should because I've let stress, confusion, clutter and an over-abundance of everything take over.

And I've finally reached the point where I need to say: STOP! This isn't working anymore. We have too much of everything and no place to keep it. We have bills through the roof, and not enough money to pay them. We have 72 hours worth of stuff to do in a 24 hour day. I seriously feel like I spend my entire life trying to fit a size 14 woman into a size 2 jean. It simply can't be done.

And so I begin my journey. A journey to simplicity, to minimalism, to a place in the heart where it's not about "things", or "over abundance" or rushing through life so quickly that you miss the joy. I want to enjoy my kids again, my home, our family and friends. Our house is usually such a mess that we can't invite people over (am I alone in this?), and I'm always so busy trying to get "caught up" that we just keep falling more and more backwards.

But not anymore. Today is the day that things change; that I change. I'm going to find a better life for myself, for my kids, and for those who share a life with us. There has to be a better way than this.

Peace and love.

3 comments:

  1. Whoo hooo!!! Another blog to read during my already packed to the gills day!

    One quick thing, though, you might consider changing the font colors for your comments and other things, as you won't get comments if people can't find the word "comments" on your page (unless people inadvertently scroll over it and it lights up). It's easy to do.... go to your "dashboard" and then click on "customize" -- on that screen, look for the tab "fonts and colors" -- you'll see a variety of color squares and a menu on the upper left telling you what colors you currently have for different text. I think you need to change "footer" to get the comment color different. Blogger automatically gives you a selection of colors that match your blog already, but you can choose anything that you want.

    Oh, one more thing, I'm in the exact same boat as you (per what you wrote in your initial blog post) I need to minimize in the worst way!!!

    TB (from RQ)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of days I just feel like you, but some time ago I found "flylady" she is my lifesaver. You can find her at www.flylady.net

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "trying to fit a size 14 woman into a size 2 jean"

    ROTFLMAO!!! OMG, you just described my life in a nutshell! I love it! Now, if you figure out how to get a handle on it all, please, please, please let me know. I tried flylady - hell, I don't have time to clean my sink every night! I'm lucky if I have time to go pee!

    ReplyDelete